The Quilt will be returning to the La Jolla Shores Hotel and La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club in California on Feb. 7-9 for its 2017 Winter Member Meeting.
Registration & Overview
If you have not yet registered, online registration is available. Click here.
Two hotel choices are offered – The La Jolla Shores Hotel and The La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club. These properties are adjoining properties and are a short walk between one another. The main Quilt Member Program will be held in the La Sala room at the La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club.
We are looking forward to the many exciting conversations and topics of interest this year. View the agenda. We also have provided time between sessions for working lunch meetings and other networking opportunities.
Highlights & Opportunities
- Networking CEO Round Table – closed meeting (Tuesday, Feb. 7 – 8 a.m.)
- Member Beach Event by Quilt CIS Program Authorized Providers (Tuesday, Feb. 7 – 5:30 p.m.)
- VMware Hosted Informational Breakfast (Wednesday, Feb. 8 – 7 a.m.)
- CENIC/Scripps Institute program at Calit2/UCSD (Wednesday, Feb. 8 – 2:30 p.m.)
- Member Reception at Birch Aquarium hosted by CENIC (Wednesday, Feb. 8 – 5:30 p.m.)
- NOAA N-Wave and RON Partner Breakfast (Thursday, Feb. 9 – 7 a.m.)
- Trifecta – Combined Working Group Meeting (Thursday, Feb. 9 – 8 a.m.)
- ESnet Science Engagement Workshop (Thursday, Feb. 9 – 9 a.m.) – *registration required
The Trifecta – Combined Working Group Meeting
During the Quilt Fall Member Meeting a couple of independent conversations happened around getting a few working groups in the same room since we all have a stake in each other’s best practices. We have scheduled that opportunity on Thursday, Feb. 9 from 8 a.m. to noon.
Three of The Quilt’s working groups: Financial Focus Group, Communications and Outreach, and Services, will be coming together to discuss areas of common and interdependent interest and tap into the wider group experience and expertise. This is an opportunity for members of these working groups and other Quilt member staff to exchange experiences and ideas on process, strategies, financial exercises, and key decision making approaches that can ultimately be developed and replicated within The Quilt R&E networking community.
Participants are encouraged to participate and help define a strategy that can be used to leverage programs and services across our community. Joe Sawasky, President and CEO of Merit Network, also will be presenting on the Merit Digital Collaboration Tool: Merit Commons.
Please contact Jennifer Griffin if you have any questions at this year’s Winter Member Meeting.
Follow all conversations on social media using #WMM17.