The Quilt Fall Member Meeting
September 24 – 26, 2019
The NSF CC* and CICI PI Workshop will be held at the Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot. The hotel is located at 225 3rd Avenue South Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The room block is now closed; please see the alternate options listed below. These are all within walking distance of The Depot; mileage is noted for your convenience. If you have any questions, please contact Tracey Norris (Tracey at thequilt.net).
- Aloft – .6 miles (Marriott properties. This is the 3NRP Workshop participant lodging location. Quilt Fall Member Meeting participants are invited to explore this room block option.)
- MOXY – .3 miles (Marriott properties)
- luMINN – .2 miles (Choice Hotels properties)
- Best Western Plus – .5 miles (Limited availability)
- Embassy Suites – .5 miles (Limited availability)
- For hotels within walking distance of the Light Rail Stations, please visit Hotel Guides for more informaton.
MAIN AIRPORT: Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport (MSP)
GROUND TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS
- METRO TRANSIT LIGHT RAIL BLUE LINE (recommended): Metro Transit light rail trains connect Minneapolis-St Paul airport to downtown Minneapolis. There is a station at both Terminal 1 (Lindbergh) and Terminal 2 (Humphrey), for trains to downtown Minneapolis.
- *****Take the BLUE LINE to GOVERNMENT PLAZA STATION.****
- The journey time from Minneapolis-St. Paul airport to downtown Minneapolis is just under 30 minutes.
- The one-way fare is $2 during off-peak times and is $2.50 during rush hour times. There are ticket machines which take cash and credit cards at each station. You can also use a mobile app.
- TRAIN SCHEDULE
- SHARED RIDES: Uber and Lyft services are available and average fare is about $28
- TAXI: A taxi journey from Minneapolis airport to downtown Minneapolis will cost about $40. Follow the signs from the terminal to the taxi stands outside.
- The hotel does NOT provide shuttle services.
Hotel parking is $10/hour and $27/daily.