NSF Campus Cyberinfrastructure
and Cybersecurity for
Cyberinfrastructure Innovation PI Workshop
September 23 – 25, 2019
The NSF CC* and CICI PI Workshop will be held at the Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot. The hotel is located at 225 3rd Avenue South Minneapolis, Minnesota. Please note: this year, participants will be receiving room block information and instructions via email. We highly recommend you make your room reservations as soon as you receive the information since there are many simultaneous events and conferences happening in the area that week and availability of accommodations is very tight. The room block is available only to those individuals who are registered for either The Quilt or the NSF CC* and CICI PI Workshop. If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Griffin (Griffin at thequilt.net).
MAIN AIRPORT: Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport (MSP)
GROUND TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS
- METRO TRANSIT LIGHT RAIL BLUE LINE (recommended): Metro Transit light rail trains connect Minneapolis-St Paul airport to downtown Minneapolis. There is a station at both Terminal 1 (Lindbergh) and Terminal 2 (Humphrey), for trains to downtown Minneapolis.
- *****Take the BLUE LINE to GOVERNMENT PLAZA STATION.****
- The journey time from Minneapolis-St. Paul airport to downtown Minneapolis is just under 30 minutes.
- The one-way fare is $2 during off-peak times and is $2.50 during rush hour times. There are ticket machines which take cash and credit cards at each station. You can also use a mobile app.
- TRAIN SCHEDULE
- SHARED RIDES: Uber and Lyft services are available and average fare is about $28
- TAXI: A taxi journey from Minneapolis airport to downtown Minneapolis will cost about $40. Follow the signs from the terminal to the taxi stands outside.
- The hotel does NOT provide shuttle services.
Hotel parking is $10/hour and $27/daily.