NSF Campus Cyberinfrastructure
and Cybersecurity for
Cyberinfrastructure PI Workshop
September 24 – 26, 2018
University of Maryland, College Park, MD
|Three major airports serve the Baltimore-Washington DC area:
Important note: Participants should plan an hour at minimum for travel time to airports. How much time is dependent on which airport, time-of-day, and general traffic conditions. Please check your route the day-of your flight and give yourself extra time.
- Uber and Lyft services are available from all three airports (recommended if not renting a car)
- Car Rental Agencies
- The Hotel is located one mile from the College Park Metro station, which is on Metro’s Green Line (20-minute walk); however, a trip on the Metro to/from DCA, for example, will take about 75 minutes and includes one transfer and a bus ride. The cost is less than $6.
- Complimentary shuttle service is available from The Hotel at UMD lobby. The Hotel shuttle offers transportation to the College Park Metro station and access to other destinations within a three-mile radius.
- The Maryland MARC Train, which runs between Baltimore’s Camden Station and Washington DC’s Union Station is a quick and convenient way to traverse the corridor between these two major cities. The MARC Train Station is located on the West side of the College Park Metro Station.
- Taxis are available at each airport; however, even though it’s possible to get a taxi that originates from MD, VA, or DC, they all have different rates and some have additional fees for crossing state lines or zones and/or fees for each piece of luggage. From DCA, taxi fees could run between $44-$80.
The Hotel parking for conference attendees staying at the hotel is discounted to $10/day. Please reference The Quilt conference discount at check out.
|MEETING LOCATION AND HOTEL:
THE HOTEL at the University of Maryland
7777 Baltimore Ave.
College Park, MD 20740
THE ROOM BLOCK IS CLOSED
To check availability, call the hotel directly at: 844-954-6835.
“The Quilt & NSF Fall Conference” at time of registration.
DISCOUNTED BLOCK RATES:
– single or double $209
– triple $219
– quad $229
NOTE: The room block closes Friday, AUGUST 31, 2018.
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 12:00 PM
MAP AND DIRECTIONS
Contact Jennifer Griffin with questions.