2015 Research Engagement Program Overview
Regional networks are well positioned to play a key role in support of academic research efforts among their university and college member institutions. There are significant opportunities within the Quilt community to learn from members with active programs and initiatives that facilitate research collaboration among their university communities and to explore additional opportunities to promote these types of initiatives across our regional network community.
- Expand and formalize the sharing of experiences, materials, and approaches across regional networks in engaging campus stakeholders to understand and support researcher infrastructure needs
- Explore and create opportunities for regional networks and The Quilt involvement as trusted conveners, technical resources, liaisons and cyber infrastructure providers to support research
- Create a forum to share materials and learnings across NSF cyberinfrastructure programs regional network collaboration efforts. For more information, see our Regional Collaboration CC*IIE Awards Resource Page
- Raise the visibility of the significant role the regionals play in the deployment of and support for research cyberinfrastructure through active engagement with our community partners and other initiatives such as Internet2, ESnet, NSF, CASC, XSEDE, NSF’s ACI-REF program and others.
Member Steering Committee: Marla Meehl (FRGP), Wendy Huntoon (KINBER), Elaine Rising (UNM), Greg Monaco (Great Plains Network), Pankaj Shah (LEARN)
- Archived Information
Meeting Notes of Interest
- Westnet CIO January 2016 Meeting Agenda & Presentations
- Westnet January 2016 Meeting Agenda & Presentations
- 2015 DataFOUR Professional Development Webinar Series Archive
- Sep 25: DataFOUR Webinar: Ownership, IP, & Governance of Data 11:00 CDT by Rebekah Cummings
- Oct 16: DataFOUR Webinar: Using Student Data Responsibly in Multi-Institutional Study 11:00 CDT by Melissa Bowles-Terry & Zoltan Szentkiralyi
- Oct 30: DataFOUR Webinar: Data Carpentry: Researchers Work Effectively with Data 11:00 CDT by Tracy Teal
- Dec 11: DataFOUR Webinar: The Current Landscape of Confidential Data Storage 11:00 CDT by Jamene Brooks-Kieffer