SCinet Call for Network Resources for SC12/Salt Lake City – Responses due by June 8, 2012
The University of Utah and the Utah Education Network (UEN) are partnering with SCinet to provide both Internet-based and dedicated wide area connectivity services for the SC12 conference and exhibition in Salt Lake City, Utah, November 10-16, 2012. In order to provide the best experience possible for the conference participants, we are asking exhibitors and network entities to describe their advanced network resource needs in supporting their organization’s presence and demonstrations at the Salt Palace Convention Center (SPCC).
SCinet will work with ESnet, Internet2, National LambdaRail (NLR), Netherlight, UEN, and other collaborating networking organizations to implement the required resources for SC12. If your organization will require network resources beyond a basic IPv4/IPv6 network service, please respond to this call with the details of your particular requirements. While we would like to have as many details as possible outlined early, we recognize that some issues will need to be worked out over time. Please describe your needs with the available information now, so we may plan accordingly.
- Network bandwidth required (e.g., GigE, 10GigE, Nx10GigE, 100GigE)
- Potential long haul network provider(s) to reach SPCC (e.g., ESnet, Internet2, NLR)
- Origination point(s) of network resources
- Will the network resources be dedicated to a single purpose or can they be shared with other SC12 participants?
- If the network resources can be shared, will you need Layer-2 (e.g., point-to-point Gigabit Ethernet) or Layer-3 (e.g., IPv4, IPv6) support?
Even if you are unable to provide all the details above please contact the SCinet WAN Team as soon as possible with what you do know.
Jim Stewart, Director, Technical Services, UEN and SCinet WAN Team Chair